Equivalent Weight of Acid Salt...
Ruben Dario Cortez
2005-02-01 18:39:35 UTC
Hello Guys!

I am looking for information about How to Calculate Equivalent Weight
of Acid Salt ( KH2PO4 or K2HPO4)...

Thanks in advance for any information

Ruben Cortez
f***@hotmail.com
2005-02-02 03:11:10 UTC
Post by Ruben Dario Cortez
Hello Guys!
I am looking for information about How to Calculate Equivalent Weight
of Acid Salt ( KH2PO4 or K2HPO4)...
Thanks in advance for any information
Ruben Cortez
Equivalent weight of an acid salt depends on the reaction i.e the
number of ionizable protons.
for H2PO4(-) ------> PO4(3-) + 2H(+), the equivalent weight is equal
to the formula weight of KH2PO4 divided by 2.

Similarly for HPO4(2-) ------> PO4(3-) + H(+), the equivalent weight
is equal to the formula weight of K2HPO4 divided by 1.
f***@hotmail.com